A righteous and stable family is an essential component of any just society as well as being a condition for one to attain inner peace and tranquillity. This course will cover topics essential for anyone wanting to start a family or simply for those who want to improve their family relations. Amongst the topics that will be covered:
- The Fiqh of marriage
- Divorce and marriage maintenance
- How to welcome new children into the family etc.
The course will be based on numerous works of fiqh and tarbiyyah.
In this course you will learn:
- What is marriage about?
- What are the requirements of marriage?
- What constitutes a valid and blessed marriage?
- What does Islam really say about forcing women in to a marriage?
- Can a man marry two sisters?
- Can a wife make it a condition that her husband doesn’t get a second wife?
- What does Islam really say about how a husband must treat his wife and how the wife should treat her husband?
- How does a woman get out of a bad marriage?
- Does Islam really like divorce?
- What is Islamic in getting divorced?
- What happens in Islam when one spouse knows the other has been unfaithful?
- What happens to the children after a divorce?
Additional Reading Material:
- A Summary of Islamic Jurisprudence by Dr Saalih Al Fawzaan
- Fiqh us-Sunnah, by Sayyid Sabiq
- Fiqh Made Easy, by Sheikh Saalih As Sadlaan
Having studied this course, you should consider studying the following:
- Hanafi Fiqh: Mukhtasar al Quduri
- Manhaj as Salikeen
- Umdatul Ahkaam (Purification)
- Hanbali Fiqh: Umdatul Fiqh (Purification)
- Umdatul Ahkaam (Salaah)
- Hanbali Fiqh: Umdatul Fiqh (Salah)
- The Fiqh of Ramadhan
- The Fiqh of Hajj
- The Fiqh of Food and Clothing
- The Fiqh of Inheritance
- Fiqh Pertaining to Women
- The Fiqh of Menstruation
- Umdatul Ahkaam (Mariage & Divorce)
- The Fiqh of Marriage, Family and Divorce
- Usool ul Fiqh
- Qawaid Fiqhiyyah
- The Niqaab and Hijaab
"My dear brothers and sisters at the Tayyibun Institute in the United Kingdom. I ask Allah (swt) that He grants you success and correction in your affairs and I also ask Allah (swt) that He always brings us together upon righteousness…."
Shaykh Abu Salih