Taken from his series of lectures on the lives of the greatest Muslim personalities of this Ummah, Sheikh Dr. Muhammad Musa Al Shareef presents a brief biography of one the most distinguished figures in Islamic history delivered in Arabic with English subtitles.
Students who have studied the Arabic language should use this course to further their understanding of the language and to aid in their prgression to studying the Deen wholly in Arabic. This will give you a taste of how Duroos (lessons) are conducted in the age old traditional manner in Masajid across the Arab world.
This lecture will cover the life of Imam Abu Hanifah, covering his biography, virtues, and formation of his school of jurisprudence as well as its distinguishing features.
In this course you will learn the following:
- Why is it important for us to learn about the great Muslims of the past?
- Why should we study Islamic history?
- What are the main events from his life?
- Why was he so famous?
- How was he viewed by his contemporaries?
- What distinguished him from others throughout history?
- What lessons should we learn from the life of this great Muslim figure?
- What legacies has he left for the Muslim Ummah?
Additional Reading Material:
-The Excellence of Aishah, the Mother of the Believers, by Aboo Waheeda As Salafee
- Men Around the Messenger, by Muhammad Ali Qutb
- The Ideal Muslimah, by Dr. Muhammad Ali Al Hashimi
- The Biography of Abu Bakr As Siddeeq, by Dr. Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabee
- The Biography Of Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab, by Dr. Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabee
- The Biography of Uthman ibn Affan, by Dr. Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabee
- The Biography of Ali Ibn Abi Talib, by Dr. Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabee
- Women Around the Messenger, by Muhammad Ali Qutb
- The Ideal Muslim, by Dr. Muhammad Ali Al Hashimi
Having studied this course you should consider studying the following:
- Seerah - Biography of the Prophet
- Shama'il Muhammadiyyah
- Men Around the Messenger
- Women Around the Messenger
- The History of Andalus
- Prophetic Emotions
- Islam in Spain
- Biography of Khadijah Bint Khuwaylid
- Biography of Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal
- Biography of Imam Ash Shafi'ee
- Biography of Imam Abu Hanifah
- Biography of Imam Hasan Al Basri
- Biography of Shaykh Ul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah
- Biography of Imam An Nawawi
- Biography of Nur Ud Deen Zangi
- The Life of Shaykh Abdul Azeez Ibn Baz
"I have been studying at Tayyibun Institute since 2008 and last year I moved to Saudi Arabia. Although I was very happy, I soon realized that I could not seek knowledge without first learning the Arabic Language. Whilst learning Arabic I also wanted to seek Islamic knowledge. I saw some online courses but felt that it would not be as good as Tayyibun Institute, so I was very happy when I found out that they have online courses. Even though one might think that their online courses are not as good as the centre, it turned out to be better than going to the centre, not only because I live in Saudi Arabia but mainly because you will be able to study in your own time. From what I have experienced I can say that the courses at Tayyibun Institute (and online) are very much practical. Jazaahum'Allahu Khairan"
Sister M Mohamed