Most people who suffer from loss of sight would give up the search for knowledge and resign themselves to a life of relative inactivity, not so for Shaykh Abdul Azeez Bin Baz. In fact this spurred the Shaykh on to greater things, as he went on to teaching some of the leading scholars of today and to become the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia. In this lecture, the Sheikh shares some of the inspiring attributes and events from the life of this great modern day scholar.
Taken from his series of lectures on the lives of the greatest Muslim personalities of this Ummah, Sheikh Dr. Muhammad Musa Al Shareef presents a brief biography of one the most distinguished figures in Islamic history delivered in Arabic with English subtitles.
Students who have studied the Arabic language should use this course to further their understanding of the language and to aid in their prgression to studying the Deen wholly in Arabic. This will give you a taste of how Duroos (lessons) are conducted in the age old traditional manner in Masajid across the Arab world.
In this course you will learn the following:
- Why is it important for us to learn about the great Muslims of the past?
- Why should we study Islamic history?
- What are the main events from his life?
- Why was he so famous?
- How was he viewed by his contemporaries?
- What distinguished him from others throughout history?
- What lessons should we learn from the life of this great Muslim figure?
- What legacies has he left for the Muslim Ummah?
Additional Reading Material:
-The Excellence of Aishah, the Mother of the Believers, by Aboo Waheeda As Salafee
- Men Around the Messenger, by Muhammad Ali Qutb
- The Ideal Muslimah, by Dr. Muhammad Ali Al Hashimi
- The Biography of Abu Bakr As Siddeeq, by Dr. Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabee
- The Biography Of Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab, by Dr. Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabee
- The Biography of Uthman ibn Affan, by Dr. Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabee
- The Biography of Ali Ibn Abi Talib, by Dr. Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabee
- Women Around the Messenger, by Muhammad Ali Qutb
- The Ideal Muslim, by Dr. Muhammad Ali Al Hashimi
Having studied this course you should consider studying the following:
- Seerah - Biography of the Prophet
- Shama'il Muhammadiyyah
- Men Around the Messenger
- Women Around the Messenger
- The History of Andalus
- Prophetic Emotions
- Islam in Spain
- Biography of Khadijah Bint Khuwaylid
- Biography of Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal
- Biography of Imam Ash Shafi'ee
- Biography of Imam Abu Hanifah
- Biography of Imam Hasan Al Basri
- Biography of Shaykh Ul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah
- Biography of Imam An Nawawi
- Biography of Nur Ud Deen Zangi
- The Life of Shaykh Abdul Azeez Ibn Baz
"My dear brothers and sisters at the Tayyibun Institute in the United Kingdom. I ask Allah (swt) that He grants you success and correction in your affairs and I also ask Allah (swt) that He always brings us together upon righteousness…."
Shaykh Abu Salih