Course Length: 90 days + 10 day Final Exam
During this course you will learn:
- What is a Makki Surah and what is a Madani Surah?
- What were the different stages of the compilation of the Qur’aan?
- What are the differences between the Qur’aan and Hadith Qudsi?
- How was the revelation revealed to the Prophet sall Allahu ‘alaihi wa sallam?
- What was the first and last thing to be revealed?
- What is a muhkam and a mutashaabih verse?
- How does abrogation occur in the Qur’aan?
- Why did abrogation occur?
- What is the significance of the Huroof ul muqatta’ah?
- What is the difference between the different ahruf and qiraa’aat?
- In what ways is the Qur’aan a miracle?
- How did the science of tafseer evolve?
- Who was the first to translate the Qur’aan into the English language?
Additional Reading Material:
- Tafsir Ibn Kathir
- An Introduction to the Sciences of Qur’aan, by Ahmad Von Denferr
- An Introduction to the Sciences of Qur’aan, by Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi
- How To Approach & Understand the Quran, by Jamaal al Din Zarabozo
- The History of the Qur'anic Text, by Mustafa Al-Azami
- Usool At-Tafseer, by Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Phillip
- Reflecting Upon The Quraan, by Shaykh Saalih Al Fawzaan
- Reasons for the Revelation, by Ibn Ahmad an-Neesaboor