Course Length: 90 days + 10 day Final Exam
In this course you will learn the following:
- What is our purpose in life?
- What is Tawheed?
- What are the virtues of Tawheed?
- What violates or negates Tawheed?
- Why is it important to worship Allaah alone without associating partners with Him?
- What are the evidences used to establish the correct understanding of Tawheed?
- What is Shirk?
- Where did it originate from?
- What falls under Shirk?
- What does the statement: ‘Laa ilaaha illallaah’ necessitate?
- What are the rulings concerning amulets and incantations?
- What is said regarding Astrology (At-Tanjeem)?
- Is it permissible to have belief in evil omens?
- What is the correct understanding of intercession (shafaa’ah)?
- What is the state of the one who mocks the religion?
- Good magic – is there such a thing in Islaam?
- What is the ruling concerning those who create images?
- What is the ruling regarding those who deny divine predestination (Qadr)?
This course is based on an extremely beneficial book named Kitaab at-Tawheed, authored by the eminent scholar and reformer Shaykh ul-Islaam Muhammad ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab (d.1206H), may Allaah have mercy upon him. It is one of the best books on the subject of Tawheed.
Biography of Author:
Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab was born in al-‘Uyaynah, in the year 1115H. He memorised the noble Qur’aan at the early age of 10. He has studied under many prominent scholars, including his father who used to be the judge of al-‘Uyaynah. He lived at a time when polytheistic practises disseminated across the lands of the Muslims. Consequently, he called for correcting the understanding of the Muslim Creed and devoting worship to Allaah alone. He has authored many famous books, from them: Usool ath-Thalaatha, Kashf ash-Shubuhaat, Masaa’il al-Jahiliyyah.
Additional Reading Material:
- Usool Ath Thalaatha, by Sheikh Mohammad Ibn Abdul Wahab
- Aqeedah At Tahawiyyah, by Imam At Tahawiy
- Kashf Ush Shubuhaat, by Sheikh Mohammed Al Wassaabee
- The Creed of Ahlus Sunnah, by Sheikh Mohammed Ibn Salih Al Uthaymeen
Having studied this course you should consider studying the following:
- Beneficial Statements Concerning the Evidences of Tawheed
- Al Qawa'id Al Arba'ah
- Kashf Ush Shubuhaat
- Fundamentals of Faith
- Usool Ath Thalaatha
- Kitab Ut Tawhid
- Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah
- Aqeedah Haa'iyyah
- Al Qawaid Al Muthla
- Aqeedah Sharh Us Sunnah
- Names & Attributes of Allah
- Masa'il Al Jahiliyyah
- Al Walaa Wal Baraa
- What Allah Loves & Hates
- Purifying the Heart from Disbelief & Polytheism
- Conditions of Shahada
- Manhaj Us Salaf