During this course you will learn:
- What is the Qur’aan?
- What are some other names for the Qur’aan and their significance?
- What is our obligation towards the Qur’aan?
- What are the signs of loving the Qur’aan?
- Are we rewarded for just listening to the recitation of the Qur’aan?
- What impact did the Qur’aan have on the early generations?
- Why can’t we see this impact on us today?
- Was the Prophet sall Allahu ‘alaihi wa sallam the key to Qur’aan having this impact?
- What are the major goals of the Qur’aan?
- Why do Muslims not approach the Qur’aan to achieve the major goals of the Qur’aan?
- How should we approach the Qur’aan?
- How can we live in the shade of the Qur’aan?
- What are some of the principles that need to be adhered to when doing tafseer?
Jamaal al-Din M.Zarabozo was born in France to Spanish Catholic parents. He grew up in California, and in 1976 he converted to Islam. He has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the university of California at Berkeley, and a masters in economics from the University of California at Davis.
He is a well known American based Islamic scholar, lecturer, and author of numerous books on Islam and speaker of many lectures on Islam. Amongst the books he has authored are his 'Commentary of the Forty Hadith of Imam An-Nawawi', 'The Authority and Importance of the Sunnah', 'The Concise Presentation of The Fiqh of Sunnah and Noble Book' and others.
Additional Reading Material:
- Tafsir Ibn Kathir
- Reflecting Upon the Quraan, by Shaykh Saalih Al Fawzaan
- An Introduction to the Sciences of Qur’aan, by Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi
- The History of the Qur'anic Text, by Mustafa Al-Azami
- Characteristics of the Bearers of the Qur’aan, by Imam Aajoori
Having studied this course you should consider studying the following:
- Uloom Ul Qur'an
- How to Approach and Understand the Qur'an
- Introduction to Tafsir
- Tafsir ul Qur'an - Surah al Fatiha
- Tafsir ul Qur'an - Surah Yusuf
- Tafsir ul Qur'an - Surah al Noor
- Tafsir ul Qur'an - Surah al Furqan
- Tafsir ul Qur'an - Surah al Ahzab
"My dear brothers and sisters at the Tayyibun Institute in the United Kingdom. I ask Allah (swt) that He grants you success and correction in your affairs and I also ask Allah (swt) that He always brings us together upon righteousness…."
Shaykh Abu Salih