Course Length: 90 days + 10 day Final Exam
In this course you will learn:
- Who are Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah?
- Where did this term come from?
- How do we know that this is the correct creed to be upon?
- What are the characteristics of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah which make them stand out from amongst the rest?
- What is the ‘middle path’ and how is it that we are upon this middle path?
- What is the true meaning of the Names of Allah mentioned in the last three verses of Surah Al-Hashr?
- What are the sources that Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah use?
- Are there any benefits to studying ‘aqeedah or is it just an academic study?
- How do we understand the concept of pre-destination in light of free will?
- How is it that Allah is above the creation but at the same time with the creation?
- How can it be that Allah descends but at the same time is above His Throne?
- What are some of the events that will occur on the Day of Judgement?
- What is our belief concerning the previous scriptures revealed by Allah?
- How important is Imaan in the previous Prophets?
Biography of the Author:
The author of this book is the late Sheikh, Abu Abdillaah Muhammad Ibn Saalih Ibn Muhammad Ibn Uthaimeen Ibn Wuhaibi At-Tamimi who was born in the town of Unayzah in Saudi Arabia, on 27th Ramadhaan, 1347 He is considered to be one of the greatest and most influential scholars of our times.
The Sheikh completed his memorisation of the Qur’aan and then went on to study further sciences of the religion. Until the age of 29, his main teacher was Sheikh Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Naasir As-Sa’di, under whom he studied the sciences of fiqh, aqeedah, tafseer, Arabic grammar and amongst others. He also studies under Sheikh Muhammad Ameen Ash-Shanqeetee and Shaykh Abdul Azeez Ibn Baaz.
Sheikh Ibn Al ‘Uthaimeen was known for his ease of teaching and he was gifted with the ability of getting is point across in a simple and coherent manner, making the most complicated of subjects easy to understand.
The Shaykh would teach in Masjid ul Haraam every Ramadhaan and would hold lectures in Unayzah after almost every salaah until he died of stomach cancer on 16th Shawwaal 1421. May Allah ‘azza wa jall have Mercy upon him.