This course covers one of the most important books, Masa'il Al Jahiliyyah (Aspects of the Days of Ignorance), written by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhaab, dealing with the 128 characteristics prevalent amongst the people in the Time of Ignorance which the Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم opposed. This work is of paramount importance to Muslim belief and identity, even in our times when many of these characteristics have re-emerged, so that we may purge ourselves of such traits and return to the pure tawheed and guidance as ordained by Allah and His Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم.
In this course you will learn:
- Why is supplicating to righteous individuals tantamount to Shirk?
- Why should we not emulate the disbelievers?
- What are the dangers of blind following?
- How did the people of the past corrupt their beliefs?
- Why is division and abandoning the majority so disliked by the Shariah?
- Why is majic evil?
- Why are those who deny the names and attributes of Allah disbelevers in Him completely?
- What are some of the innovated practices in worship that is reminiscient of the disbelievers?
- How did the disbelievers change their religion?
- What are the despised characteristics of the disbelievers?
- What if any allegiances can believers have with the disbelievers?
Biography of Author:
Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhaab was born in al-‘Uyaynah, in the year 1115H. He memorised the noble Qur’aan at the early age of 10. He has studied under many prominent scholars, including his father who used to be the judge of al-‘Uyaynah. He lived at a time when polytheistic practises disseminated across the lands of the Muslims. Consequently, he called for correcting the understanding of the Muslim Creed and devoting worship to Allaah alone. He has authored many famous books, from them: Usool ath-Thalaatha, Kashf ash-Shubuhaat, Masaa’il al-Jahiliyyah.
Additional Reading Material:
- Usool Ath-Thalaathah by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdil Wahhaab
- Kitaab ut Tawhid by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdil Wahhaab
- Aqeedah At-Tahaawiyyah by Imam At-Tahaawi (explanation by Ibn Abil ‘Izz Al Hanafi)
- An Explanation of the Four Fundamental Principles of Shirk, by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdil Wahhaab
- A Critical Study of Shirk, by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdil Wahhaab
- Aqeedah Al-Waastiyyah, by Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyah (explained by Sheikh Ibn Al-‘Uthaymeen)
- Aqeedah Al-Hamawiyyah, by Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyah (explained by Sheikh Ibn Al-‘Uthaymeen)
Having studied this course you should consider studying the following:
- Beneficial Statements Concerning the Evidences of Tawheed
- Al Qawa'id Al Arba'ah
- Kashf Ush Shubuhaat
- Fundamentals of Faith
- Usool Ath Thalaatha
- Kitab Ut Tawhid
- Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah
- Aqeedah Haa'iyyah
- Al Qawaid Al Muthla
- Aqeedah Sharh Us Sunnah
- Names & Attributes of Allah
- Masa'il Al Jahiliyyah
- Al Walaa Wal Baraa
- What Allah Loves & Hates
- Purifying the Heart from Disbelief & Polytheism
- Conditions of Shahada
- Manhaj Us Salaf
"I have been studying at Tayyibun Institute since 2008 and last year I moved to Saudi Arabia. Although I was very happy, I soon realized that I could not seek knowledge without first learning the Arabic Language. Whilst learning Arabic I also wanted to seek Islamic knowledge. I saw some online courses but felt that it would not be as good as Tayyibun Institute, so I was very happy when I found out that they have online courses. Even though one might think that their online courses are not as good as the centre, it turned out to be better than going to the centre, not only because I live in Saudi Arabia but mainly because you will be able to study in your own time. From what I have experienced I can say that the courses at Tayyibun Institute (and online) are very much practical. Jazaahum'Allahu Khairan"
Sister M Mohamed