Biography of Author:
The author is the eminent Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen from the town of ‘Unayzah, born in the year 1347H. He studied and memorized the Qur’aan in his youth with his maternal grandfather ‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Sulaymaan. He then continued to seek knowledge. He studied various Islamic disciplines under Shaykh ‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Naasir as Sa’dee, Shaykh ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn Baaz and Shaykh Muhammad Ameen ash-Shanqeetee. He passed away on the 15th of Shawwaaal, at the age of seventy four.
He has written over forty works in various fields. From amongst his works which have been translated into English: Tenets of Faith; Explanation of the Three Fundamental Principles; Exemplary Principles concerning the Beautiful Names and Attributes of Allaah.
Additional Reading Material:
- An Introduction to the Science of Hadeeth, byIbn Al-Salah Al-Shahrazuri
- An Introduction to the Science of Hadeeth, by Shuaib Hasan
- A Textbook of Hadith Studies, by Mohammad Hashim Kamali
- Usool Al-Hadeeth, by Dr. Bilal Philips
- The Authority and Importance of the Sunnah, by Jamal Ad Din Zarabozo
Having studied this course you should consider studying the following:
- Imam An Nawawis 40 Hadith
- 40 Hadith Pertaining to Children
- Al Bayquniyyah
- Kitaab Al Jaami'