This course will cover the essential knowledge of the juristic issues pertaining to the sacred pilgrimage. The conditions, obligations, pillars and recommendations etc will all be covered to ensure that every student knows exactly how to perform the hajj. Additional visual presentations will be used throughout the course to clarify the rites in detail. If you are short of time and only have a few hours to spare to learn these rites, then this course will be ideal for you.
In this course you will learn:
- What are the definitions of Hajj and 'Umrah?
- What does this act of Ibadah commemorate?
- What are the virtues of the ten days of Hajj?
- What are the three types of Hajj one can perform?
- Are they all legislated?
- What do female pilgrims do differently?
- Can a woman perform Hajj without an accompanying man who is her Mahram?
- Can someone perform Hajj on behalf of another?
- What are the starting points when performing the pilgrimage?
- How does enter into the state of Ihram (consecration)
- What things are forbidden whilst in the state of Ihram?
- How does one expiate for an infringment of these prohibitions?
- How does perform the rites of hajj (in detail)?
- What do the words Talbiyya, Tarwiyya and Tashreeq mean?
- What is done after leaving the state of Ihram?
- What are the pillars of Hajj and 'Umrah?
- How is the sacrifice performed?
- What is the difference between Al Hady and Al Udhiyya?
Additional Reading Material:
- Hajj & Umrah Made Easy by Dr Taqi Hashimi and Adnan Malik
- Getting The Best Out Of Al Hajj (Pilgrimage) by Abu Muneer Ismail Davids
- The Ultimate Guide to Umrah by Abu Muneer Ismail Davids
- How to Perform the Hajj by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Saalih Al Uthaymeen
- Rites of Hajj and 'Umrah by Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaani
- Women and Hajj by Muhammad Sharif
Having studied this course, you should consider studying the following:
- Hanafi Fiqh: Mukhtasar al Quduri
- Manhaj as Salikeen
- Umdatul Ahkaam (Purification)
- Hanbali Fiqh: Umdatul Fiqh (Purification)
- Umdatul Ahkaam (Salaah)
- Hanbali Fiqh: Umdatul Fiqh (Salah)
- The Fiqh of Ramadhan
- The Fiqh of Hajj
- The Fiqh of Food and Clothing
- The Fiqh of Inheritance
- Fiqh Pertaining to Women
- The Fiqh of Menstruation
- Umdatul Ahkaam (Mariage & Divorce)
- The Fiqh of Marriage, Family and Divorce
- Usool ul Fiqh
- Qawaid Fiqhiyyah
- The Niqaab and Hijaab
"My dear brothers and sisters at the Tayyibun Institute in the United Kingdom. I ask Allah (swt) that He grants you success and correction in your affairs and I also ask Allah (swt) that He always brings us together upon righteousness…."
Shaykh Abu Salih