The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, “In the body there is a piece of flesh: if it is sound the whole body will be sound and if it is corrupt then the whole body will be corrupt”.
Al-Haafidh ibn Hajr al-Asqalaanee said, “The heart has been singled out because it is the leader of the body, and through the purification of the leader the subjects become purified, and with his corruption they become corrupted”.
This course seeks to soften the hearts through reminding its readers about the akhirah – its rewards and punishments, the merits of particular qualities of the heart, and how one should view and live life.
The course is based on the well-known collection of ahadeeth, Saheeh al-Bukhaaree, compiled by Imaam Bukhaaree (d. 256H). The book of Ar-Riqaaq deals with the hadeeth that makes the heart soft by affecting the emotions and feelings of the one who hears it.
In this course you will learn the following:
- Why is it important to use our time well when we are free and healthy?
- How should the believers be in this world?
- How did the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and his companions live?
- Why is it important to have hope in Allaah?
- What are the dangers of the tongue?
- What are the effects of sinful deeds?
- How can we give up these sinful deeds?
- Will a person be rewarded for an action they had intended but did not do?
- What is al-Amaanah?
- What are the dangers of riyaa?
- What will happen on the Day of Judgement?
- What is said regarding al-Haud?
Biography of the Author:
He is the valued and respected compiler of hadeeth, Imaam Aboo ‘Abdullaah Muhammad ibn Ismaa’eel al-Bukhaaree, born in the year 194H. He passed away at the age of seventy-one, in the year 265H.
Additional Reading Material:
- Diseases of the Hearts & their Cures by Ibn Taymiyyah
- The Purification of the Soul by Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali, Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya & Abu Hamid al-Ghazali
- Heaven’s Door by Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali, ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya & Abu Hamid al-Ghazali
- Spiritual Disease and its Cure by Ibn al-Qayyim
- Purification of the Soul, by Jamaal Ad Din Zarabozo
Having studied this course you should consider studying the following:
- Virtues of Good Actions
- The Exquisite Pearls
- Weakness of Emaan
- The Book of Heart Softeners
- Spiritual Preparation for Ramadhaan
- Ramadhaan the Month of Qur'an
- Doors of Repentance
- Never Despair in the Mercy of Allah
"I have been studying at Tayyibun Institute since 2008 and last year I moved to Saudi Arabia. Although I was very happy, I soon realized that I could not seek knowledge without first learning the Arabic Language. Whilst learning Arabic I also wanted to seek Islamic knowledge. I saw some online courses but felt that it would not be as good as Tayyibun Institute, so I was very happy when I found out that they have online courses. Even though one might think that their online courses are not as good as the centre, it turned out to be better than going to the centre, not only because I live in Saudi Arabia but mainly because you will be able to study in your own time. From what I have experienced I can say that the courses at Tayyibun Institute (and online) are very much practical. Jazaahum'Allahu Khairan"
Sister M Mohamed