Emaan (faith) is a believer’s most prized possession for it is his key to salvation in this life and the hereafter. Knowing how to strengthen it when it becomes weak is of paramount importance, and more importantly; being able to recognise weak faith is essential since without such knowledge one would be unable to try and renew his faith. This course by the will of Allah (swt) will acquaint each student with practical knowledge as to how to increase one’s faith.
The course is based on the well known treatise of Shaykh Muhammad Salih al Munajjid: The Weakness of Emaan: Symptoms & Cures.
In this course you will learn the following:
- What are the proofs that Emaan (faith) can increase and decrease?
- What are the causes of decrease in Emaan both internal and external?
- What are the means to increase in Emaan?
- How does can one identify the signs of weakness in Emaan both internal and external?
- How does weakness in Emaan manifests itself?
- What are the evils that may result from such weakness?
- How and why are righteous deeds inhibitted by weakness in Emaan?
- What is the manner in which weak Emaan can be strengthened?
- What are the actions that counteract weakness of Emaan?
- How can death and the hereafter act as motivators to rejuvenating one’s Emaan?
Biography of the Author:
Sheikh Muhammad Salih Al Munajjid was born in 1380 A.H. He studied under such illustrious scholars of the modern era such as Sheikh Abdul Aziz Bin Abdullah Bin Baaz, Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Salih Al Uthaymeen, Sheikh Abdullah Ibn Abdurrahman Al Jibreen and Abdurrahman Ibn Nasir Al Barraak.
He is a prominent Da'ee (caller to Islam) and teacher, having taught many classical and scholarly works. He also writes extensively in many of the sciences of Islam including such works as 'The Prophet's Methods of Correcting People's Mistakes', 'I Want to Repent But ...' and 'Islam's Treatment for Anxiety and Worry'. He was also the first person to launch a website in Saudi Arabia representing and inviting to Islam in many different languages including English and Chinese!
Additional Reading Material:
- Diseases of the Hearts and their cures, by Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah
- Death, by Shaykh Alee Hasan Abdul Hameed
- The War Within Our Hearts, by Habeeb Quadri and Sa'ad Quadri
- The Souls Journey After Death, Ibn Al Qayyim
- Grave: Punishment and Blessings, by Husayn Al Awayishah
Having studied this course you should consider studying the following:
- Virtues of Good Actions
- The Exquisite Pearls
- Weakness of Emaan
- The Book of Heart Softeners
- Spiritual Preparation for Ramadhaan
- Ramadhaan the Month of Qur'an
- Doors of Repentance
- Never Despair in the Mercy of Allah
"My dear brothers and sisters at the Tayyibun Institute in the United Kingdom. I ask Allah (swt) that He grants you success and correction in your affairs and I also ask Allah (swt) that He always brings us together upon righteousness…."
Shaykh Abu Salih