Allaah says, “Indeed in their stories, there is a lesson for men of understanding. It (the Qur’aan) is not a forged statement but a confirmation of the Allaah's existing Books and a detailed explanation of everything and a guide and a Mercy for the people who believe.” [12:111]
The stories of the Messengers and their nations are a lesson for those of understanding and this Surah is filled with lessons which we can all benefit from. The nature of this Surah teaches a person how to be patient. Yoosuf (as) faced many trials and tribulations but look at the end result – he was reunited with his family and he gained a good position. In this Surah one will learn about: the benefits and effects of having patience, how to deal with trials and tribulations, the evil consequences of sins and much more.
This course is based on the renowned and accepted explanation of the Qur'aan entitled Tafseer ibn Kathir by Imaam ibn Kathir.
In this course you will learn the following:
- What is beautiful patience?
- Who was Yoosuf (as)?
- Why was this Soorah revealed?
- When was it revealed?
- What does Islaam say about dreams?
- What are the benefits and effects of having patience?
- What are the benefits and effects of having tawakkul in Allaah?
- What can one learn from the character of Yoosuf (as) and his father?
- Why is envy such a dangerous disease of the heart?
- What lessons can we take from the response of Yoosuf’s brother when they discovered his true identity?
- What practical techniques can one learn on avoiding temptations?
- What are the evil consequences of sins?
- How should a person deal with trials and tribulations?
- What are the ways in which a person can build a strong character?
- Are we allowed to seek power and authority (i.e. leadership)?
- What does this Soorah teach us about Allaah?
- How can you show gratitude to Allaah for all the favours He has bestowed upon you?
Additional Reading Material:
- Tafsir Ibn Kathir
- How to Approach and Understand the Qur'an, by Jamal Ad Din Zarabozo
- Study the Qur'an Word For Word
- Towards Understanding the Qur'an, by Mawlana Maududi
- In the Shade of the Qur'an, by Syed Qutb
Having studied this course you should consider studying the following:
- Uloom Ul Qur'an
- How to Approach and Understand the Qur'an
- Introduction to Tafsir
- Tafsir ul Qur'an - Surah al Fatiha
- Tafsir ul Qur'an - Surah Yusuf
- Tafsir ul Qur'an - Surah al Noor
- Tafsir ul Qur'an - Surah al Furqan
- Tafsir ul Qur'an - Surah al Ahzab
"I have been studying at Tayyibun Institute since 2008 and last year I moved to Saudi Arabia. Although I was very happy, I soon realized that I could not seek knowledge without first learning the Arabic Language. Whilst learning Arabic I also wanted to seek Islamic knowledge. I saw some online courses but felt that it would not be as good as Tayyibun Institute, so I was very happy when I found out that they have online courses. Even though one might think that their online courses are not as good as the centre, it turned out to be better than going to the centre, not only because I live in Saudi Arabia but mainly because you will be able to study in your own time. From what I have experienced I can say that the courses at Tayyibun Institute (and online) are very much practical. Jazaahum'Allahu Khairan"
Sister M Mohamed