“And to Allaah belong the most beautiful Names, so call upon Him using them” [7:180]
In this course you will learn the following:
- What are the principles concerning the Names & Attributes of Allaah?
- What are the dangers of deviating from these principles?
- What is the understanding of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah with regards to the Names and Attributes of Allaah?
- What is meant by: All of Allaah’s Names and Attributes are Beautiful and Perfect?
- Are the Names of Allaah both title and descriptions?
- Why is it that His Names can only be known through revelation?
- Why must we keep to the apparent meanings of the texts concerning them?
- Do their meanings differ according to the context?
- Are the Names of Allaah restricted to a particular number?
- Why is it that the knowledge of His Attributes is more expansive than the knowledge of His Names?
- Why are their many misconceptions on this issue?
- What are the dangers of Tamtheel and Takyeef?
- Are the Attributes of Allaah Tawqeefiyyah?
- What is the correct meaning of Allaah’s Ma’iyyah?
Biography of Author:
The author of the explanation of this book is the illustrious Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (d.1421H) from the town of ‘Unayzah. His full name is Aboo ‘Abdullaah Muhammad ibn Saalih ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen al-Wuhaybee at-Tameemee. He memorized the Qur’aan at a young age. He studied various Islamic disciplines under prominent scholars such as Shaykh ‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Naasir as-Sa’dee and Shaykh ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn Baaz. He has written over forty books and treatises in various fields - from his well-known works: Tenets of Faith, Explanation of the Three Fundamental Principles, Explanation of al-Bayqooniyyah.
Additional Reading Material:
- An Explanation of the Beautiful and Most Perfect Names of Allah by Shaykh Abdur-Rahman ibn as-Sa'di
Having studied this course you should consider studying the following:
- Beneficial Statements Concerning the Evidences of Tawheed
- Al Qawa'id Al Arba'ah
- Kashf Ush Shubuhaat
- Fundamentals of Faith
- Usool Ath Thalaatha
- Kitab Ut Tawhid
- Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah
- Aqeedah Haa'iyyah
- Al Qawaid Al Muthla
- Aqeedah Sharh Us Sunnah
- Names & Attributes of Allah
- Masa'il Al Jahiliyyah
- Al Walaa Wal Baraa
- What Allah Loves & Hates
- Purifying the Heart from Disbelief & Polytheism
- Conditions of Shahada
- Manhaj Us Salaf
"My dear brothers and sisters at the Tayyibun Institute in the United Kingdom. I ask Allah (swt) that He grants you success and correction in your affairs and I also ask Allah (swt) that He always brings us together upon righteousness…."
Shaykh Abu Salih