“And to Allaah belong the most beautiful Names, so call upon Him using them” [7:180]
In this course you will learn the following:
- What are the principles concerning the Names & Attributes of Allaah?
- What are the dangers of deviating from these principles?
- What is the understanding of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah with regards to the Names and Attributes of Allaah?
- What is meant by: All of Allaah’s Names and Attributes are Beautiful and Perfect?
- Are the Names of Allaah both title and descriptions?
- Why is it that His Names can only be known through revelation?
- Why must we keep to the apparent meanings of the texts concerning them?
- Do their meanings differ according to the context?
- Are the Names of Allaah restricted to a particular number?
- Why is it that the knowledge of His Attributes is more expansive than the knowledge of His Names?
- Why are their many misconceptions on this issue?
- What are the dangers of Tamtheel and Takyeef?
- Are the Attributes of Allaah Tawqeefiyyah?
- What is the correct meaning of Allaah’s Ma’iyyah?
Biography of Author:
The author of the explanation of this book is the illustrious Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (d.1421H) from the town of ‘Unayzah. His full name is Aboo ‘Abdullaah Muhammad ibn Saalih ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen al-Wuhaybee at-Tameemee. He memorized the Qur’aan at a young age. He studied various Islamic disciplines under prominent scholars such as Shaykh ‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Naasir as-Sa’dee and Shaykh ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn Baaz. He has written over forty books and treatises in various fields - from his well-known works: Tenets of Faith, Explanation of the Three Fundamental Principles, Explanation of al-Bayqooniyyah.
Additional Reading Material:
- An Explanation of the Beautiful and Most Perfect Names of Allah by Shaykh Abdur-Rahman ibn as-Sa'di
Having studied this course you should consider studying the following:
- Beneficial Statements Concerning the Evidences of Tawheed
- Al Qawa'id Al Arba'ah
- Kashf Ush Shubuhaat
- Fundamentals of Faith
- Usool Ath Thalaatha
- Kitab Ut Tawhid
- Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah
- Aqeedah Haa'iyyah
- Al Qawaid Al Muthla
- Aqeedah Sharh Us Sunnah
- Names & Attributes of Allah
- Masa'il Al Jahiliyyah
- Al Walaa Wal Baraa
- What Allah Loves & Hates
- Purifying the Heart from Disbelief & Polytheism
- Conditions of Shahada
- Manhaj Us Salaf
"I have been studying at Tayyibun Institute since 2008 and last year I moved to Saudi Arabia. Although I was very happy, I soon realized that I could not seek knowledge without first learning the Arabic Language. Whilst learning Arabic I also wanted to seek Islamic knowledge. I saw some online courses but felt that it would not be as good as Tayyibun Institute, so I was very happy when I found out that they have online courses. Even though one might think that their online courses are not as good as the centre, it turned out to be better than going to the centre, not only because I live in Saudi Arabia but mainly because you will be able to study in your own time. From what I have experienced I can say that the courses at Tayyibun Institute (and online) are very much practical. Jazaahum'Allahu Khairan"
Sister M Mohamed