This is one the most important works of Imam Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab, which deals with explaining and refuting the evidences that were used by certain Muslim groups of his time to justify acts of Shirk. The author intended in this work to expose the falsity and speciousness of these arguments by proving that the pagans whom the Prophet fought utilised the exact same arguments and fell prey to the same reasoning as these modern day practitioners of Shirk did.
This course will expound on various types of Shirk and its manifestations from a historical and contemporary angle. The course is ideal for those that wish to understand the essence of polytheism and protect themselves from the gravest of all sins.
In this course you will learn:
- What is Tawhid?
- What does Shirk mean?
- What are the dangers of committing Shirk?
- Why is it important to know and study about Shirk?
- What are the categories of Shirk?
- What are the causes of Shirk?
- What are the differences between Shirk and Kufr?
- What are the conditions which must be met before a person can be rendered Kaafir?
- What impediments must be removed before a person can be rendered Kaafir?
- How can one refute those who would seek to justify actions of Shirk?
Biography of the author:
The author of this book is eminent Shaykh, the reviver of the Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah, the caller to the Tawhid of Allah; Abu Al Husayn Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab. He was born in the city of Uyaynah in the year 1115 A.H. and died in the year 1206 A.H.
He was born into a family of scholars whom he benefited from at a young age. He completed his memorisation of the Qur’an at the age of 10 and thereafter he learnt from the scholars in his area before traveling to Madinah and Iraq to pursue his studying.
Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab worked very hard to call the people back to the true worship of Allah and the true concept of Tawhid. His Da’wah was not well received by his people who were accustomed these acts of Shirk and considered them to be part of ‘Ibaadah rather than Shirk. For this reason, the scholars of Ahlus Sunnah consider Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab to be a great Mujaddid of his time. Allah ‘Azza Wa Jall accept his efforts and grant him the best of rewards. Aameen.
Additional Reading Material:
- Usool Ath-Thalaathah by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdil Wahhaab
- Kitaab ut Tawhid by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdil Wahhaab
- Aqeedah At-Tahaawiyyah by Imam At-Tahaawi (explanation by Ibn Abil ‘Izz Al Hanafi)
- An Explanation of the Four Fundamental Principles of Shirk, by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdil Wahhaab
- A Critical Study of Shirk, by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdil Wahhaab
- Aqeedah Al-Waastiyyah, by Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyah (explained by Sheikh Ibn Al-‘Uthaymeen)
- Aqeedah Al-Hamawiyyah, by Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyah (explained by Sheikh Ibn Al-‘Uthaymeen)
Having studied this course you should consider studying the following:
- Beneficial Statements Concerning the Evidences of Tawheed
- Al Qawa'id Al Arba'ah
- Kashf Ush Shubuhaat
- Fundamentals of Faith
- Usool Ath Thalaatha
- Kitab Ut Tawhid
- Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah
- Aqeedah Haa'iyyah
- Al Qawaid Al Muthla
- Aqeedah Sharh Us Sunnah
- Names & Attributes of Allah
- Masa'il Al Jahiliyyah
- Al Walaa Wal Baraa
- What Allah Loves & Hates
- Purifying the Heart from Disbelief & Polytheism
- Conditions of Shahada
- Manhaj Us Salaf
"My dear brothers and sisters at the Tayyibun Institute in the United Kingdom. I ask Allah (swt) that He grants you success and correction in your affairs and I also ask Allah (swt) that He always brings us together upon righteousness…."
Shaykh Abu Salih