The Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "No one meets Allaah with the testimony that there is none worthy of worship but Allaah and I am the Messenger of Allaah, and he has no doubt about hat statement, except that he will enter Paradise." (Recorded by Muslim)
There is no question that the mere saying of the Shahadah: "I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger" is not sufficient for salvation. In fact, the Munafiqeen ( hypocrites) used to make this statement quite often yet Allah describes them as liars and says that they shall abide in the lowest abyss of the Hell-fire.
Therefore it is incumbent upon every believer that they fulfill the conditions of this statement and not remain complacent that simply saying these words will suffice us. This course will delve into the finer details of this defining statement that distinguishes the true believer from those who disbelieve in Allah and His Messenger.
In this course you will learn:
- What is the status of the Shahadah in the life of a Muslim?
- What are the virtues of the Shahadah?
- What is the meaning of Shahadah?
- What is the Shahadah affirming and what is the Shahadah is denying?
- How can we have Yaqeen (certainty) in what we believe?
- What are the implications of Shahadah that we must accept?
- What are the branches of faith?
- How can we show our obedience to this Kalimah?
- How do we free ourselves from the filth of lying, hypocrisy and denial of the truth?
- How is this a declaration opposing Shirk?
- How must we demonstrate our love for Allah above all else?
- How can we stay steadfast upon this statement until our deaths?
- What are the consequences of the Shahadah?
- What impact does it have on a believers actions?
- What deviations can occur from the meaning of the Shahadah?
Additional Reading Material:
- Aqeedah Al Wasitiyyah, by Ibn Taymiyyah
- The Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah, by Sheikh Ibn Uthaymeen
- Usool Ath Thalatha, by Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahab
Having studied this course you should consider studying the following:
- Beneficial Statements Concerning the Evidences of Tawheed
- Al Qawa'id Al Arba'ah
- Kashf Ush Shubuhaat
- Fundamentals of Faith
- Usool Ath Thalaatha
- Kitab Ut Tawhid
- Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah
- Aqeedah Haa'iyyah
- Al Qawaid Al Muthla
- Aqeedah Sharh Us Sunnah
- Names & Attributes of Allah
- Masa'il Al Jahiliyyah
- Al Walaa Wal Baraa
- What Allah Loves & Hates
- Purifying the Heart from Disbelief & Polytheism
- Conditions of Shahada
- Manhaj Us Salaf
"My dear brothers and sisters at the Tayyibun Institute in the United Kingdom. I ask Allah (swt) that He grants you success and correction in your affairs and I also ask Allah (swt) that He always brings us together upon righteousness…."
Shaykh Abu Salih